President Obama announces research access for manufacturing entrepreneurs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement.
This afternoon, President Obama announced the opening of federal laboratories and public-private research spaces to entrepreneurs. Specifically, the White House has unveiled plans to provide manufacturing entrepreneurs with access to "more than $5 billion worth of advanced equipment in federal R&D facilities that they may use to develop new technologies and launch new inventions."
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“The President’s announcement is an important step on the path toward a more vibrant manufacturing ecosystem in America. Opening federally supported research spaces to American entrepreneurs will help to ensure that we not only dream up the next big idea, but that we also make it here.”
To help spur manufacturing job growth, AAM is urging Washington to implement a national manufacturing strategy.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014