Reading, PA - Leotards for Gold Medal winning gymnasts
Yesterday the United States Women’s Gymnastics team took home the gold. At the team final for the 2012 Olympics in London, the 'Fab Five' girls dominated their routines and won by a staggering 5 points. And they did it all in American-made leotards from GK Elite Sports in Reading, Pennsylvania.
Both the Women and Men’s United States Gymnastics teams competing in the 2012 Olympics are suited up in leotards made by GK Elite. The company's website details a quality product that bears the American-made seal.
“Elite Sportswear, L.P. is proud to have been chosen by adidas® to manufacture the US National Team Competitive apparel for USA Gymnastics since 2000 and is the sole producer of adidas® brand gymnastics apparel worldwide. Based in Reading, Pennsylvania, Elite Sportswear, L.P., the company behind the GK brand, continues its commitment to American-made quality and continuous innovation in designs for Gymnastics, Cheerleading, Dance and Drill Team apparel.”
The company also dresses several other gymnastic champions including Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin, both of whom medaled during the 2008 Beijing Olympics. The GK Elite Sportswear leotards are also worn by several other countries.
The fact that GK Elite Sportswear’s products are bought throughout the world and worn by American athletes in the Olympic Games proves that American-made brands and companies can be prosperous both at home and abroad with a quality product and hard work.
To find some USA Gymnastic apparel, check out the Choice of Champions blog on GK Elite Sportswear’s website.
Post written by AAM Intern Leigh Raup.
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013
- 51 American-made holiday gifts from around the country • by LDonia • 11/27/2013
- The Veep heads to Asia, while Michigan Democrats and automakers press the "currency issue" in TPP talks • by TGarland • 11/27/2013