Rep. Forbes seeks new Members for Congressional China Caucus
Representative Randy Forbes (R-VA) is actively seeking new Members of Congress to join the Congressional China Caucus, a bipartisan group which reviews economic, security and human rights issues related to China. Rep. Forbes cites China’s growing economic and military capabilities, as well as recent online security breaches as examples of why Congress must carefully monitor the activities of the nation:
“As China continues to grow and evolve in its economic and military capability, American policymakers must have the dialogue and the debate needed to lay out a long-term strategic vision for maintaining the global leadership role of the United States.
Just this week, Chinese hackers infiltrated Google's Gmail system and broken into hundreds of accounts, including those of senior government officials, military personnel and political activists, the company said…. China’s aggressive cyber efforts, along with rapid militarization, should ring alarm bells around the world among governments and businesses wary of Beijing's intentions."
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013