Reps. Lipinski, Jones Introduce Bipartisan Bill to Require the United States Olympic Committee to Buy American
Today, Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL) and Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) introduced a bipartisan bill, H.R. 6132, to require the United States Olympic Committee to "Buy American" to ensure that the uniforms and equipment it supplies to American athletes are made by American workers whenever possible.
As a federally chartered nonprofit corporation, the USOC must report every four years to Congress on its operations, receipts, and expenditures. The legislation will also require the Committee to include in its report data on where the goods it provides for athletes come from and a description of the steps it has taken to ensure they are made in the United States.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013