Reps. Lipinski, Jones Introduce Bipartisan Bill to Require the United States Olympic Committee to Buy American
Today, Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL) and Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) introduced a bipartisan bill, H.R. 6132, to require the United States Olympic Committee to "Buy American" to ensure that the uniforms and equipment it supplies to American athletes are made by American workers whenever possible.
As a federally chartered nonprofit corporation, the USOC must report every four years to Congress on its operations, receipts, and expenditures. The legislation will also require the Committee to include in its report data on where the goods it provides for athletes come from and a description of the steps it has taken to ensure they are made in the United States.
Related recent Blogs
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013
- Could U.S. tech manufacturing see a mini-rebound? • by LDonia • 06/11/2013
- The key to the success of the U.S. military: a strong U.S. industrial base • by TGarland • 06/11/2013