Scott Paul on PBS Nightly Business Report-- a revalued Chinese currency would benefit U.S. economy
This past Friday, the U.S. Department of the Treasury released its “Semi-Annual Report to Congress on International Economic and Exchange Rate Policies.” The report did not cite China as a currency manipulator.
Scott Paul, Executive Director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), said he was "deeply disappointed by the Treasury Department’s decision not to name China as a currency manipulator. America’s businesses and their workers depend on a level playing field to successfully compete, and they can’t halt unfair trade practices on their own."
On Friday evening, Paul was interviewed on the PBS Nightly Business Report regarding the Treasury report. Paul explained that action on China's currency could prove a huge boon to the U.S. economy.
Click here to watch the full interview. A China currency segment starts at the 7-minute-mark, with Paul being interviewed shortly thereafter.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013