Sen. Sherrod Brown fights to Keep American flags made in America
In honor of Flag Day, we wanted to highlight the patriotic efforts of Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH). Sen. Brown is set to introduce new legislation that would require that all flags purchased by the Federal Government be made in America. As he put it,
“American flags should be American-made. With Ohio companies proudly producing the American flag, taxpayer funds should not be used to purchase foreign-made flags. Our nation’s economic strength is tied to a strong manufacturing sector and we should be doing everything we can to support American manufacturing.”
This is no new fight: Back in 2008, members of the West Virginia House of Delegates fought to pass a bill that would require that any U.S. or West Virginia flags purchased with state funds be made in American.
We applaud Sen. Brown for supporting this legislation and hope that one day every flag that we wave in this country is made in this country.
Related recent Blogs
- Maine State Senate Passes Buy American Legislation • by scapozzola • 06/19/2013
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- June 18, 2013 Headlines: Free trade in DC, defending surveillance tactics, and more. • by LRaup • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013