Sen. Sherrod Brown fights to Keep American flags made in America
In honor of Flag Day, we wanted to highlight the patriotic efforts of Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH). Sen. Brown is set to introduce new legislation that would require that all flags purchased by the Federal Government be made in America. As he put it,
“American flags should be American-made. With Ohio companies proudly producing the American flag, taxpayer funds should not be used to purchase foreign-made flags. Our nation’s economic strength is tied to a strong manufacturing sector and we should be doing everything we can to support American manufacturing.”
This is no new fight: Back in 2008, members of the West Virginia House of Delegates fought to pass a bill that would require that any U.S. or West Virginia flags purchased with state funds be made in American.
We applaud Sen. Brown for supporting this legislation and hope that one day every flag that we wave in this country is made in this country.
Related recent Blogs
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- The Veep heads to Asia, while Michigan Democrats and automakers press the "currency issue" in TPP talks • by TGarland • 11/27/2013
- G+ Hangout postponed! • by LDonia • 11/26/2013
- Americans increasingly sweating this economy, and it's no surprise • by mmcmullan • 11/26/2013
- When you shop, keep it American made • by TGarland • 11/26/2013
- Some solid #MFG facts, courtesy of the Census Bureau • by mmcmullan • 11/25/2013