September 16, 2011 Headlines: China Reacts to Currency Debate, Another Recession Coming, and More
Posted by smorgante on 09/16/2011
Reuters: China refuses to let its currency appreciate and sounds off on the proposed legislation in Congress.
WSJ: Should China use its currency power to bring the world out of recession?
WSJ: It’s all but certain that we’ll hit another recession in the coming months. And Washington continues to do nothing to create jobs.
Economists View: Why the recovery is slow (if at all existent).
NYT: China continues to tighten its grip on rare earth mineral exports.
Yes Magazine: Made in America is seeing a major comeback in old industrial cities: New York City and San Francisco.
WSJ: Brazil takes action to protect domestic automakers. That’s called a “manufacturing strategy,” and it’s something we don’t have in the United States.
Modeled Behavior: New York manufacturing worsened for the fourth consecutive month.
WSJ: The Philly Fed only sees marginal manufacturing improvement.
WaPo: Lead poisoning leads officials to shut down two factories in China.
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014