September 19, 2011 Headlines: Focus on Jobs, Manufacturing Capacity Down, GE Invests in TX and PA, and More
WSJ: Former President Clinton says that we need to focus on jobs, not cuts.
MIT News: A forum at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology looks at the future of making it in America.
USAT: Is China stealing our technology for all-electric cars?
WSJ: Violent protests at a solar panel factory in China.
Reuters: GE Will be investing $200 million in locomotive plants in Texas and Pennsylvania
WSJ: Is there reason to be hopeful for the economy in the next few months?
NYT: Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman sounds the alarm on the folly of austerity plans.
WSJ: Unemployment is increasing across several states.
WSJ: The U.S. Trade Representative urges Congress to quickly enact new free trade deals.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013