September 20, 2011 Headlines: Manufacturing Cities Recover Quicker, Exports Up, and More
WaPo: Buffalo is recovering faster than Atlanta. Could it have anything to do with manufacturing? (Yes).
WSJ: Exports are up from West Coast ports.
Yglesias: Why do firms relocate to China? Could it have anything to do with China’s industrial policy?
AP: The Senate is taking up a worker aid bill that will clear the way to push through 3 new free trade agreements.
WSJ: With the global slowdown last month, there was less pressure on China to let the Yuan appreciate.
AP: The Board of Directors of GM met in China, looking for ways to increase cooperation with their Chinese counterparts.
WaPo: The global economy is facing a “dangerous new phase.”
NYT: Although people are installing more solar panels, factory production is down and capacity is idle.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014