September 20, 2011 Headlines: Manufacturing Cities Recover Quicker, Exports Up, and More
WaPo: Buffalo is recovering faster than Atlanta. Could it have anything to do with manufacturing? (Yes).
WSJ: Exports are up from West Coast ports.
Yglesias: Why do firms relocate to China? Could it have anything to do with China’s industrial policy?
AP: The Senate is taking up a worker aid bill that will clear the way to push through 3 new free trade agreements.
WSJ: With the global slowdown last month, there was less pressure on China to let the Yuan appreciate.
AP: The Board of Directors of GM met in China, looking for ways to increase cooperation with their Chinese counterparts.
WaPo: The global economy is facing a “dangerous new phase.”
NYT: Although people are installing more solar panels, factory production is down and capacity is idle.
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014