September 25, 2012 Headlines: Foxconn riot coverage, re-branding manufacturing, and more.
al.com: Department of Labor awards University of West Alabama with a $2.2 million grant to build a skilled manufacturing training program.
Slate: Would re-branding manufacturing as "white-collar" lead more people to learn skills and pursue a career in the field?
Bloomberg: Yuan traded at nearly a 5-month high, after 2 days of declines, on optimism of pick-up in economy.
Manufacturing News via Sacramento Bee: Missouri gained manufacturing jobs over the last year.
Foxconn Riot Coverage:
Washington Post: What are the effects of the Foxconn factory closing on Apple's supply?
Washington Post: Foxconn factory re-opens despite labor groups' claims of long shifts with no time off for workers.
New York Times: Riot at Foxconn factory underscores rift in China.
New York Times: Chinese social media accounts of Foxconn riot are at odds with official reports.
Related recent Blogs
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013