September 25, 2012 Headlines: Foxconn riot coverage, re-branding manufacturing, and more.
al.com: Department of Labor awards University of West Alabama with a $2.2 million grant to build a skilled manufacturing training program.
Slate: Would re-branding manufacturing as "white-collar" lead more people to learn skills and pursue a career in the field?
Bloomberg: Yuan traded at nearly a 5-month high, after 2 days of declines, on optimism of pick-up in economy.
Manufacturing News via Sacramento Bee: Missouri gained manufacturing jobs over the last year.
Foxconn Riot Coverage:
Washington Post: What are the effects of the Foxconn factory closing on Apple's supply?
Washington Post: Foxconn factory re-opens despite labor groups' claims of long shifts with no time off for workers.
New York Times: Riot at Foxconn factory underscores rift in China.
New York Times: Chinese social media accounts of Foxconn riot are at odds with official reports.
Related recent Blogs
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014