September 25, 2012 Headlines: Foxconn riot coverage, re-branding manufacturing, and more.
al.com: Department of Labor awards University of West Alabama with a $2.2 million grant to build a skilled manufacturing training program.
Slate: Would re-branding manufacturing as "white-collar" lead more people to learn skills and pursue a career in the field?
Bloomberg: Yuan traded at nearly a 5-month high, after 2 days of declines, on optimism of pick-up in economy.
Manufacturing News via Sacramento Bee: Missouri gained manufacturing jobs over the last year.
Foxconn Riot Coverage:
Washington Post: What are the effects of the Foxconn factory closing on Apple's supply?
Washington Post: Foxconn factory re-opens despite labor groups' claims of long shifts with no time off for workers.
New York Times: Riot at Foxconn factory underscores rift in China.
New York Times: Chinese social media accounts of Foxconn riot are at odds with official reports.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013