September 8, 2011 Headlines: GOP Debate, China's Potential Downgrade, Trade Deficit Falls, and More
NYT: The GOP candidates debated last night in California. Everyone agrees that we need jobs, but little was said on manufacturing.
NYT: Op-Ed by Vice President Joe Biden on China’s rise.
WaPo: Ratings Agency Fitch warns of increased risk on China’s credit due to the debt carried by local governments.
WSJ: Is China about to experience a banking crisis?
WaPo: Over 300 school children in China have been struck ill due to unsafe food and water.
AP: The Trade Deficit fell 13.1% to $44.8 billion, driven by exports of cars, airplanes, and industrial machinery.
WSJ: Will a tax holiday have a real effect on American businesses?
WSJ: Companies are slow to fill job openings.
NYT: Editorial: The “Supercommittee” needs to focus on jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014