September 8, 2011 Headlines: GOP Debate, China's Potential Downgrade, Trade Deficit Falls, and More
NYT: The GOP candidates debated last night in California. Everyone agrees that we need jobs, but little was said on manufacturing.
NYT: Op-Ed by Vice President Joe Biden on China’s rise.
WaPo: Ratings Agency Fitch warns of increased risk on China’s credit due to the debt carried by local governments.
WSJ: Is China about to experience a banking crisis?
WaPo: Over 300 school children in China have been struck ill due to unsafe food and water.
AP: The Trade Deficit fell 13.1% to $44.8 billion, driven by exports of cars, airplanes, and industrial machinery.
WSJ: Will a tax holiday have a real effect on American businesses?
WSJ: Companies are slow to fill job openings.
NYT: Editorial: The “Supercommittee” needs to focus on jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013