September 8, 2011 Headlines: GOP Debate, China's Potential Downgrade, Trade Deficit Falls, and More
NYT: The GOP candidates debated last night in California. Everyone agrees that we need jobs, but little was said on manufacturing.
NYT: Op-Ed by Vice President Joe Biden on China’s rise.
WaPo: Ratings Agency Fitch warns of increased risk on China’s credit due to the debt carried by local governments.
WSJ: Is China about to experience a banking crisis?
WaPo: Over 300 school children in China have been struck ill due to unsafe food and water.
AP: The Trade Deficit fell 13.1% to $44.8 billion, driven by exports of cars, airplanes, and industrial machinery.
WSJ: Will a tax holiday have a real effect on American businesses?
WSJ: Companies are slow to fill job openings.
NYT: Editorial: The “Supercommittee” needs to focus on jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014