September 8, 2011 Headlines: GOP Debate, China's Potential Downgrade, Trade Deficit Falls, and More
NYT: The GOP candidates debated last night in California. Everyone agrees that we need jobs, but little was said on manufacturing.
NYT: Op-Ed by Vice President Joe Biden on China’s rise.
WaPo: Ratings Agency Fitch warns of increased risk on China’s credit due to the debt carried by local governments.
WSJ: Is China about to experience a banking crisis?
WaPo: Over 300 school children in China have been struck ill due to unsafe food and water.
AP: The Trade Deficit fell 13.1% to $44.8 billion, driven by exports of cars, airplanes, and industrial machinery.
WSJ: Will a tax holiday have a real effect on American businesses?
WSJ: Companies are slow to fill job openings.
NYT: Editorial: The “Supercommittee” needs to focus on jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013