September 9, 2011 Headlines: Obama's Jobs Plan, Green Jobs in MS, Gary Locke in China, and More
NYT: Coverage of President Obama’s jobs speech last night. (Text here).
Politico: Moody’s estimates that if fully enacted, Obama’s jobs plan would add 1.9 million jobs and increase economic growth by 2%.
NYT: David Brooks and Paul Krugman agree on the need for serious jobs action.
538: People want jobs, but not “stimulus” or “spending.”
AP: China’s auto sales increase 4% in august, a troubling sign for the world’s biggest car market.
AP: U.S. Ambassador to China Gary Locke tells the Chinese Government that a strong U.S. economy is in their best interest.
WaPo: Ezra Klein on job openings vs. new hires.
NYT: Mississippi is bringing green manufacturing jobs to the magnolia state.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014