September 9, 2011 Headlines: Obama's Jobs Plan, Green Jobs in MS, Gary Locke in China, and More
NYT: Coverage of President Obama’s jobs speech last night. (Text here).
Politico: Moody’s estimates that if fully enacted, Obama’s jobs plan would add 1.9 million jobs and increase economic growth by 2%.
NYT: David Brooks and Paul Krugman agree on the need for serious jobs action.
538: People want jobs, but not “stimulus” or “spending.”
AP: China’s auto sales increase 4% in august, a troubling sign for the world’s biggest car market.
AP: U.S. Ambassador to China Gary Locke tells the Chinese Government that a strong U.S. economy is in their best interest.
WaPo: Ezra Klein on job openings vs. new hires.
NYT: Mississippi is bringing green manufacturing jobs to the magnolia state.
Related recent Blogs
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014