September 9, 2011 Headlines: Obama's Jobs Plan, Green Jobs in MS, Gary Locke in China, and More
NYT: Coverage of President Obama’s jobs speech last night. (Text here).
Politico: Moody’s estimates that if fully enacted, Obama’s jobs plan would add 1.9 million jobs and increase economic growth by 2%.
NYT: David Brooks and Paul Krugman agree on the need for serious jobs action.
538: People want jobs, but not “stimulus” or “spending.”
AP: China’s auto sales increase 4% in august, a troubling sign for the world’s biggest car market.
AP: U.S. Ambassador to China Gary Locke tells the Chinese Government that a strong U.S. economy is in their best interest.
WaPo: Ezra Klein on job openings vs. new hires.
NYT: Mississippi is bringing green manufacturing jobs to the magnolia state.
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014