U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November 2013.
#AAMeter Now Stands at +63,000 Jobs.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs report shows America's manufacturing sector added 27,000 jobs in November 2013. In 2013, the U.S. has gained a total of 63,000 manufacturing jobs. This is the first time since April 2009 that manufacturing employment has been above 12 million.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“We finally have something to cheer about in manufacturing: 27,000 jobs added in November. It's only one month and progress is not guaranteed, but smart public policies can boost this momentum.
"Investing in infrastructure and innovation, training a new generation of skilled workers, cutting our massive trade deficit, and improving prospects for the long-term unemployed should all move to the top of the agenda in Washington. We can strengthen the middle class and our overall economy if we invest wisely in pro-manufacturing and pro-worker policies."
President Obama set a goal of creating 1 million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. To follow the president's progress, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) continually updates a jobs tracker, the #AAMeter, based on monthly jobs data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
AAM has released a new book, 'ReMaking America,' that provides a blueprint for an American manufacturing resurgence.
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014