U.S. Manufacturing Sector Gains 19,000 Jobs in October: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Adds 19,000 Jobs in October 2013.
#AAMeter Jumps to +35,000 Jobs.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs report shows America's manufacturing sector gained 19,000 jobs in October 2013. In 2013, the U.S. has gained a total of 35,000 manufacturing jobs.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“Now we have a jobs report that we can cheer about, despite all the chaos in Washington last month. Manufacturing jobs grew at a healthy clip, and it's about time. Prior to these numbers, only 12,000 manufacturing jobs had been added all year. But there is no guarantee this momentum will continue. Congress, the President, and governors must step up and support smart public policies to spur private sector job growth. Our plan includes a number of bipartisan proposals to do just that."
During the recent government shutdown, AAM released its own Jobs Report, a compilation of firsthand accounts from Americans who are struggling to find work. Paul also published an op-ed in The Hill advising President Obama that "there’s plenty he could do on his own to encourage manufacturing’s return."
President Obama set a goal of creating 1 million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. To follow the president's progress, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) continually updates a jobs tracker, the #AAMeter, based on monthly jobs data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
AAM has released a new book, 'ReMaking America,' that provides a blueprint for an American manufacturing resurgence.
Related recent Blogs
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014
- 86th Academy Awards: The Top 5 Manufacturing Movies • by scapozzola • 02/28/2014