U.S. Manufacturing Sector Gains 19,000 Jobs in October: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement.
U.S. Manufacturing Adds 19,000 Jobs in October 2013.
#AAMeter Jumps to +35,000 Jobs.
The latest monthly U.S. jobs report shows America's manufacturing sector gained 19,000 jobs in October 2013. In 2013, the U.S. has gained a total of 35,000 manufacturing jobs.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
“Now we have a jobs report that we can cheer about, despite all the chaos in Washington last month. Manufacturing jobs grew at a healthy clip, and it's about time. Prior to these numbers, only 12,000 manufacturing jobs had been added all year. But there is no guarantee this momentum will continue. Congress, the President, and governors must step up and support smart public policies to spur private sector job growth. Our plan includes a number of bipartisan proposals to do just that."
During the recent government shutdown, AAM released its own Jobs Report, a compilation of firsthand accounts from Americans who are struggling to find work. Paul also published an op-ed in The Hill advising President Obama that "there’s plenty he could do on his own to encourage manufacturing’s return."
President Obama set a goal of creating 1 million new manufacturing jobs in his second term. To follow the president's progress, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) continually updates a jobs tracker, the #AAMeter, based on monthly jobs data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
AAM has released a new book, 'ReMaking America,' that provides a blueprint for an American manufacturing resurgence.
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014