Vice President Biden visits Detroit today
Vice President Biden campaigns in Detroit today.
One issue that is likely to come up is the 2009 auto rescue. As the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) found in a recent poll, the auto bailout proved popular with voters.
Specifically, the polling explored the Obama Administration’s decision to rescue the U.S. auto industry. 57 percent of those surveyed think the quality of cars produced by the U.S. auto industry has improved. And regarding the actual rescue decision, when presented with arguments for and against saving the U.S. auto industry, a significant majority of those polled (61 percent) support the government’s action. This support was found to be strong across the country, not just in the Midwest.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013