Week in Review: President Obama Steps Up to the Plate; Sec. Bryson Talks Jobs; GOP Hopefuls Dodge; and More
President Obama stepped up to the plate (but not the manhole cover) this week and created a new Office of Manufacturing Policy. The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) hopes this is a positive step toward a real, effective plan to revitalize U.S. manufacturing.
Commerce Secretary John Bryson outlined his vision for job creation–and for improving America’s manufacturing base–-at a speech to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
More duck-and-cover from the GOP presidential hopefuls as Governor Rick Perry of Texas dodged a question on his stance toward Buy America preferences. (Don’t forget to check Job Search for AAM's post-game analysis of all the GOP candidates’ performances at Thursday night’s debate).
The House Committee on Ways & Means held a hearing to explore the effects of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) on the U.S. workforce.
How do we create a manufacturing renaissance in this country? Perhaps this Charter for Revitalizing America Manufacturing produced by the Information Technology & Innovation Foundation (ITIF) can help.
Attention holiday shoppers–in case you missed it, don’t forget to Buy American, Give American with this week’s featured items: LiberTEEs, Maui Grown Coffee, and Oreck cleaning supplies. Also check out some USA-made Hannukah items.
Related recent Blogs
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013
- Could U.S. tech manufacturing see a mini-rebound? • by LDonia • 06/11/2013
- The key to the success of the U.S. military: a strong U.S. industrial base • by TGarland • 06/11/2013