Why Can't Apple make your iPhone in America?
Monday night’s riot at the Foxconn plant in Chengdu, China should have iPhone and iPad users wondering-- isn’t there a better way?
Scott Paul, executive director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) will moderate a panel, Why Can't Apple make your iPhone in America, at the Netroots Nation Conference on Saturday morning aiming to answer this question.
As AAM has concluded, iPhones and iPads could indeed be manufactured in the United States, but they aren’t.
Joined by Congressman David Cicilline (D-RI), Campaign for America’s Future’s Dave Johnson, and Emptywheel’s Marcy Wheeler, Paul’s panel will explore the reasons why iPhones and iPads are being made overseas, discuss ways this could change, and contemplate whether progressives have an obligation to act toward reshoring U.S. jobs.
We hope you’ll attend the panel, Saturday, June 9th at 10:30am in room 551.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013