Why not build offshore wind power for the U.S.?
ManufactureThis has previously reported on the story of Noel Davis, a retired U.S. Navy officer who has been looking to build a wind turbine components plant in Indiana through his firm, Vela Gear Systems LLC.
Davis has been asking a simple question of late: Why can't the U.S. start building offshore wind turbine assemblies to start generating power for the east coast?
In a recent presentation to Maryland state legislators, Davis explained how Europe has been using more and more wind power, including through offshore wind farms. Davis wants the U.S. to do the same.
Davis' presentation is a fascinating document that shows the history and development of wind power.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013