Zippo makes its 500 millionth lighter in the USA
The iconic Zippo Lighter is proudly made in USA-- in Bradford, Pennsylvania. Since 1937, the company has been manufacturing top-of-the-line lighters backed with an all-purpose guarantee of "Always works—or we fix it."
As Fox News reports, the company just passed a new milestone-- 500 million lighters made in the U.S.
Unfortunately, counterfeit Zippo lighters from China are coming back to the company in need of repair.
Zippo manufactures 12 million lighters a year, but it's estimated that Chinese factories manufacture 12 million counterfeits annually. These cheap knockoffs do not have Zippo's famous durability, and the company finds itself being asked to repair them.
Counterfeiting and piracy are rampant in China, and pose unfair challenges for quality U.S. manufacturers. Read more about the battle that Zippo faces.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013