American Made Gift Guide Has Great Stocking Stuffers
Spokespeople Available for Interviews Until Sunday. Call/Email Contact to Arrange.
With the clock ticking down to Christmas, the quest for last-minute gifts and stocking stuffers is on. Recent polling data indicates that eight out of 10 Americans express a strong preference for purchasing Made in America gifts – and there’s still time to find them by using what the Wall Street Journal calls a ‘Pretty Neat’ Made in America Holiday Gift Guide.
“While big box stores may not be the most straightforward retailing outlets for discovering American-made gifts, you can have great success even in places like Wal-Mart and Target with a bit of research,” said Scott Paul, the president of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM).
In November, AAM launched its online 2023 Made in America Holiday Gift Guide, showcasing offerings from over 200 companies. The Wall Street Journal reports “for those seeking alternatives to flimsy fast-fashion apparel or inexpensive wares from China, the guide includes relative rarities, such as U.S.-made bluejeans and baseball caps.”
Paul emphasizes that this guide serves as an invaluable resource, providing a solid starting point for consumers to conduct thorough research before embarking on their final shopping journey to these retail giants.
If you don’t have time to visit the gift guide, here are a few American-made gift items pulled from the guide to add to your shopping list.
- Crayola: Originating from Pennsylvania, Crayola produces over 3 billion crayons annually in the Keystone state. These iconic coloring tools are available at major retailers, making them a perfect gift for creative minds of all ages.
- Slinky: The original Slinky is still proudly made in Pennsylvania. A classic stocking stuffer, this timeless toy can be found at various retailers. Look for the name brand to ensure the genuine experience.
- Step2: For toddlers and small kids, Step2 offers a variety of toys, including water tables, push carts, playhouses, and play kitchens.
- Scotch Porter: This black-owned brand that got its beginnings in the founder’s kitchen and barbershop specializes in men’s hair and personal care products. Scotch Porter items make for thoughtful stocking stuffers.
- Beyond Yoga: This women-owned company provides eco-friendly athletic and leisure wear for women. Find Beyond Yoga products at mall stores like Nordstrom and specialty boutiques.
- United States Playing Card Company: The parent company of beloved cards like Bicycle is easily found at most retailers. United States Playing Card Company makes a great stocking stuffer idea for card game enthusiasts.
- Channellock: This tool manufacturer has been making its legendary pliers in the United States since 1886. Channellock products are known for their quality and durability.
- Anchor Hocking: Made in Ohio by the United Steelworkers union, Anchor Hocking glassware is widely available. These items are perfect for holiday meal leftovers.
- Tervis: Famous for their Made in the USA tumblers, Tervis has a dizzying array of colors and themes, including sports teams and movie characters. Dishwasher-safe, BPA-free, and shatterproof, these tumblers are made to last.
- Springbok: Puzzle enthusiasts will appreciate the mind challenge of putting the jigsaw together, and environmentalists will appreciate the Missouri company’s commitment to eco-friendly practices.
- Darn Tough Socks: Renowned for their durability, Vermont-made Darn Tough Socks make an excellent stocking stuffer. Find them at retailers like REI and sporting goods stores.
- Nordic Ware: Celebrating its 75th anniversary, Nordic Ware offers kitchenware, including cookie sheets and cake forms, made in Minneapolis, Minn.
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer: While not all KitchenAid items are Made in the USA, the Stand Mixer is assembled at the company’s facility in Greenville, Ohio.
- WeatherTech: From its Bolingbrook, Ill. headquarters, WeatherTech manufactures all of its high-performance auto and truck floor mats and other auto accessories.
- Cra-Z-Art: Offering a variety of crafts and art supplies to make the winter holidays especially, Cra-Z-Art is available in big-box stores. But note that not all products are Made in the USA.
- Dr. Bronner’s: The Certified B Corp. company makes its classic all-in-one soaps in California with the mission of treating its employees like family. Dr. Bronner’s soaps, lotions, and haircare are widely available.
- Post-Its: Made in Cynthiana, Ky., these sticky little notes always come in handy!
The Alliance for American Manufacturing is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting policies that support American workers and manufacturers. For more information, please visit www.americanmanufacturing.org.
AAM does not endorse any product. The Made in America Holiday Gift Guide is intended to educate consumers on how to look for and buy American-made products. AAM highlights companies that support American jobs and that make great products in the United States. We rely on the companies listed to provide accurate information regarding their domestic operations and their products.